The amount of time spent here, far exceeds that spent taking the images, multiple times over!
Shooting in RAW leads to much more work in post, takes up much more space and more! So why all this effort, when you could just capture the images on the day, and be done?
It’s simple. It ensures the highest possible quality output.
After a crazy day of shooting photos, I am keen to ensure the images are safe!
I back-up to two physical disks and then begin upload to a secure cloud back-up system. It’s a time-consuming and costly process but entirely worth it; my clients and I can rest assured that the images which encapsulate a once in the life-time experience are as secure as can be.
Import and Editing
The workflow in post, involves many layers of software;
The core softwares I use are the above;
- Aperture 3
- Adobe Creative Suite 6, primarily Photoshop and InDesign.
- Final Cut Pro X & Motion 5
These platforms form the core of the image editing workflow. I use a variety of native plug-ins which add extra functionality to the already powerful programs. Editing is carried out on the latest Quad-core Macs, allowing for real-time rendering and a reliable processing.
Each image is processed from RAW thoroughly. It then enters the editing process, on a colour calibrated Apple Quad-core computer. Depending upon the desired vision for a particular image, significant periods of time can be spent! The image processing loops back to the archiving software. Once this process is completed for all the images, exports are produced in JPG form, at full resolution (up to 21 Megapixels) and an online friendly smaller size. If you require a set suitable for use on a specific screen size, such as for an iPad, I will export those too.
Printing for framed pictures
Printing is done at an internationally renowned Studio. They have provided me with software plug-ins with colour profiling. The monitors I edit on are colour calibrated using the Spyder kit. This ensures that the colours will be printed as accurately as possible. Paper options are numerous and incluse gloss, matte, giclee, metallic and more
Creating Your Bespoke Album
Your album is custom made to your specification and desired layout. For much more on the what’s offered, check the dedicated Album pages
The Timeline – what you can expect after your event
What is provided is dependent upon the Package you choose.
Within 2 weeks per day event you will receive:
- All your images in Digital Form; fully edited; high resolution plus smaller versions for online use.
- Personalised Online Gallery is posted
- Custom Video Slideshow
This assumes a one day event. If there are for example 2 consecutive days, this may extend to 4 weeks. In most cases, your images are returned ahead of expected delivery.
Albums, Canvasses and more:
- Choose the images you wish to be included in an album. I more than happy to help you with a process as to how to choose for a good storyline.
- Once we decide on the images, I will design your album. Once completed, an online PDF document is provided for you to look over and propose any changes
- Once the design is locked down, the design is sent to Italy for printing.
- Quoted delivery time from date of receiving the design is 6 weeks