Pre & During Shoot
This section is detail driven and and overloaded with info! The take away message is that there are no compromises in the workflow, equipment and attention to detail, from pre to post production, through to delivery.
Before the Event
- Pre-wedding meeting: organise a timeline of events and all essential logistics
- Scouting of the venue: analyse the lighting situation, good spots for posed images
- Establish contact with a member of the wedding party who is not the bride or groom. This way we can coordinate on the day without disturbing you, the bride and groom
For members of the Exquisite Collection, in the Pre-Wedding Shoot, we dedicate plenty time to getting used to being in front of the camera, poses and angles and more. The familiarity gained in this process is a great asset to carry with you on the day of the wedding.
During the Event
- Two camera bodies are used, primarily with prime lenses for the ultimate quality and shallow depth of field. For more detail on what this means for your photos, check the equipment page
- I make backups of the images during the day itself, as en extra precaution. I carry mulitple spares of all the key equipment components.
- Shoot in RAW. This is an uncompressed format, which requires much more post production. This compromise is made as it ensures the highest possible quality image and a greater degree of latitude in exposure, white balance and other parameters.
Classic portraits and posed shots are given a dedicated period of time. Ideally, this takes place earlier in the proceedings, when everything is still prim and proper! You can then relax and focus on enjoying the day. We dedicate time to getting ready shots, detail and venue shots also. I encourage dialogue on the day. I do not believe in rigid and fully regimented process. Weddings are inherently a little chaotic, that is the fun of it! If you want a particular image taken or place you want to take some pictures in, I am more than happy to accommodate.
Click the Post Production page for detailed information on what happens immediately after your event.